2013年8月16日星期五

How the Steel was Tempered


During my middle school, I read Ostrovsky and his book How the Steel was Tempered.
Frankly speaking, his works and thought are too difficult for me. I just remember all my classmates recited the most famous paragraph at that time, maybe asked by our teacher. Let’s recall:

“Man's dearest possession is life. It is given to him but once, and he must live it so as to feel no torturing regrets for wasted years, never know the burning shame of a mean and petty past; so live that, dying, he might say: all my life, all my strength were given to the finest cause in all the world──the fight for the Liberation of Mankind”
-Nikolai Ostrovsky

How on earth the steel was tempered? It is believed that many people can say, Steelmaking is the process for producing steel from iron and ferrous scrap. Just like this:


Looks so much hot, yes?

Steelmaking has played a crucial role in the development of modern technological societies. Cast iron is a hard brittle material that is difficult to work, whereas steel is malleable, relatively easily formed and a versatile material. For much of human history, steel has only been able to be made in small quantities but since the invention of the Bessemer process in the 19th century and subsequent technological developments in injection technology and process control, mass production of steel has become an integral part of the world's economy and a key indicator or technological development.

Now I have graduated from university and become a customer manager concerning the steel. It is challengeable but fruitful! How the steel was tempered not only refers to the steel, also us, also our company or vigorous team. All of us are growing up. Do you remember the first time you went to a strange city to take a taxi? I believe there must be a lot of people ever thought secretly. Does he can get my accent clearly? Or if I can understand his words? Maybe strange idea. As time goes by, we suddenly find we have been improved.

To be or not to be, it is a question.

Is it really a question? Of course NO. Let us shout it out, I must live it so as to feel no torturing regrets for wasted years, never know the burning shame of a mean and petty past; so live that, dying, I might say: all my life, all my strength were given to the finest cause in my world.

Go for it now!

没有评论:

发表评论